Thursday, January 20, 2011

Angry bird mania!!!

So...if you have been living under a rock for the last year, you probably haven't heard of the craze that is ANGRY BIRDS!!! It is only the best and cheapest app from Apple you could have! It is an obsession that even my five year old is crazy about. She is so obsessed with it she even wants to be an angry bird for holloween this year. She has things planned out to a tea...she wants to be the red one...and then her brother is going to be the black one. It is absolutly hillarious to watch her play. She actually beat a level I was working on FOREVER...and she totally beat it on her second try. Hate it!!!

Anyway, I found an actual site that tells us how to make angry bird costumes for halloween. Here are a few pic's! ENJOY!!!



Here are the directions to make a costume or two if you are interested!!!

I'm not sure why I didn't do this earlier, but here are the instructions for how I made the awesome Angry Birds costumes!

Here are the basics:


First, we went to JoAnn's Fabrics (or any fabric/craft store) to find the right fabric. I decided on that stretchy, fuzzy material. I can't remember what it's called, but it's vaguely like what they would make a snuggie out of. I believe I got 4 yards per costume (which is probably too much, but it was only like $4/yard). I also got 4 yards of the cheapest white muslin fabric (or you can use a sheet, which is what I did for mine) for the inside. I also grabbed a bunch of those 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of felt in the appropriate colors to make the face and some white snuggy-like fabric for the white-belly part at the bottom. OK, so I folded the fabric in half and sort of free-handed the shape of the bird and cut it out so there were 2 identical pieces (for the front and back), then I did the same thing to the muslin/sheets. After that I stitched one of the sides to one of the pieces of muslin, leaving an opening for stuffing. THEN, on the side attached to the muslin, I cut out a face whole (make it smaller than you think it should be....I traced around a cereal bowl) and stiched the fabric and the muslin together all around the face whole. I did the same thing for the arms, which are really just slits about 7 or 8 inches long. THEN I sewed the fabric/muslin side to the other piece of fabric and then STUFFED the front part with that Poly-Fil pillow stuffing material and sewed the rest of the muslin/fabric side closed. SO, the whole thing is basically a pillow on the front stiched to another piece of fabric on the back. I also stiched the face on, but you could probably use a glue gun or fabric glue if it's easier

Here are few more adroable pic's for you all! I'm totally doing this for the kids!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment